Friday, April 15, 2011

on the run again, literally

Last week Sydney started the running club at school and Sammy started his first year at T-Ball. Well, turns out Sydney has practice on Fridays from 3-4 after school and Sammy's practice starts at 4:00! What was I thinking -AGAIN!?!? Not only that but I had my clinical trial was today (Fri), which kicks my butt. But, I sucked it up and did my job (albeit very grouchily). But I digress.

Sydney's running club seems like it's going to be lots of fun. Our (meaning I am running too) goal is to be able to run a 5K in May! It's been about a year since I've run, so it's going to take quite a bit of hard work on my part. The kids really seem to be enjoying it though. We've got, I think about 24 4th and 5th graders, 1/2 boys, 1/2 girls. Their leader Karen D. has come up with the name "Indian Woods Ground Pounders", and they even have a cadence to run to! LOL- it's very cool
Sammy's T-Ball team looks very promising as well. They are a great bunch of kids. At practice they all go out and try their hardest. It's so cute to see those little 5 & 6 year olds giving it all they've got! Sammy loves to be the catcher. He's even got the stance down. He can also bat with both his right and his left, something to his advantage for the future :)
Please keep me and the kids in your prayers while we are out there getting healthier and havin' some fun! Let the Running Continue........

No comments:

Post a Comment